Thursday, May 16, 2013


Yo, fam.

Now that we have my date all figured out, I feel like I don't have any big news. Just another boring email this week. This past week was pretty good. On Monday night, we had a missionary come in who is waiting for his visa to go to Brazil and he got to Wichita at about 11 pm. 11 is late. I feel like such a baby. So that was cool. Yep, feel like I'm 4.
Then on Tuesday we went to Independence. The meeting on Wednesday was sweet. The new sisters council was at the meeting in the meeting but other than that, it was pretty much the same.  We learned a lot about faith. Sister Keyes said that missionary work isn't for wimps. That was sweet. 
The work went pretty well. We are teaching this guy named Scott who is a stud. He goes to some Non-Denominational church but is really seeking the truth. He has been reading the Book of Mormon and has been to church the past 2 weeks! He is sweet. He is pretty much a member already, all he needs is that confirmation of his testimony. The members have been great with him. We are actually going to eat dinner with him and some members after I talk to you on Sunday. It should be sweet. 
The work is getting better out here. We are working on growing our teaching pool and looking for those who are prepared for the gospel. I was thinking the other day that it would be cool to know the story of my ancestors' conversions. Obviously on Dad's side, it is just his conversion. But I think it would be cool to know how our ancestors on your side of the family initially joined the church. Perfect timing, seeing as you are going to California this week, right? 
Also, we were talking to some members in the ward last night and there are these 5k races called Zombie Runs. I have to do one. You run a 5k obstacle race and have three flags attached to your waist, and there are zombies that try to chase you and get your flags. It has to be the coolest thing I have ever heard of. Anyways, if there are any in Utah in the fall, sign me up. Welp, life is good.

1. I am in 3 Nephi in my English scriptures and in Helaman in my Spanish scriptures. My goal is to read the Book of Mormon in 2 languages before I come home.
2. The new Mission Leadership Council wasn't really any different. Just with a little more estrogen.
3. I may have grown like a 1/2 inch in height, maybe. My waist is a little bigger, but not too much.

Okay mi familia, have a great week. We will talk on Sunday!!!
Love, Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment