Sunday, June 2, 2013

New Address for Nick

Hey Mom,
Sounds life things have been pretty wild. Speaking of pretty wild, we are moving houses and will have a new address come Wednesday:

2503 Button Bush Cir
Derby, KS 67037

Dad: That's too bad that Crabtree is out. Poor dude. 
We went to Chili's for lunch yesterday and right in front of my face was the Nat'l Champ  LAX game. Satan is good at what he does. Who ended up winning? 
Mom has told me all about your little birdies. Have you named them yet? 
Things are going well for me. Anyways, we are trying to work a lot more with members. Elder Quentin L. Cook came to the MIM last month (we didn't get to see him because we were too far away) and said that "if it sounds like it could be more effective than tracting, do it. So that is what we have been doing. We are currently going through the ward roster and seeing every person on it. It has been fairly successful. 
So last Monday was pretty wild. After emailing we had to drive to Emporia, KS which is in between the middle of nowhere and Dorothy's house to pick up my new companion. That has to be one of the most boring drives ever. My new comp, Elder Eliason, is a total cowboy. He is from Holbrook, ID, a town with literally more cows than people. His family owns a beef ranch with over 1700 cows!!! He eats out of chuckwagons and shaves with a knife and sleeps under a horse. Not really, but that would be sweet. He did rodeo in high school and can do cool rope tricks.  He was actually a DL in this zone before getting bumped up to ZL with me.  He is really awesome and we get along really well.
We are trying to lift the zone a lot with the new mission coming up. We want them to be really excited. It is going to be sweet. 
Do you guys have any trips planned for this summer, or anything fun going on? 
These kids in front of me are playing some game called minecraft. It is all pixelated and stupid looking. Not nearly as cool as Pokemon back in the day.  
I would like to let you know that I finished the Book of Mormon yesterday in English. All those in favor to "neener-neener" please show by the uplifted sign. Blasphemy? Yep. 
This past week was pretty awesome. We had interviews on Tuesday and President Keyes told me himself, that I am the first person to be shipped home from the soon-to-be Kansas Wichita Mission! Weird. I am also the only person going home on July 30 barring some sort of disobedience coup. Crazy. I'll get to be by myself. Weird. 
We are still working with Sam, and he is doing awesome. We taught him the plan of salvation on Saturday and it went really well. This week should be good. We have transfers this week, but it won't mean much for me. We also have a tornado warning for tomorrow. Maybe I'll get to see one of those whirling dervishes from a distance safe enough for pictures.

1. See email,. Yeas I really am the only one coming home then.
2. Training a new Zone Leader isn't really a huge deal. I just have to get him caught up on the procedures like setting up miles for cars and some reporting that we have to do.
3. That tornado in Moore is crazy. It is really sad to see. It looked a lot like Joplin from 2011.

Okay , have a good week. Love you lots.
Love, Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment