Sunday, June 2, 2013

Nick sees a Tornado

Hey, mi familia, we had a pretty eventful week.

On Monday night after Pday, we were invited to go eat with President Keyes who was in town. This never happens. So we ate some mediocre Italian food at the Olive Garden and then Pres. Keyes took Elder Taylor away to talk with him and when they came back he took me with him for a minute. Elder Taylor has been called to be the first AP in the Kansas Wichita mission. He is pretty nervous. He is actually leaving today after we are done emailing. 
Pres. Keyes told me that I would be training a new Zone Leader here in Ridgepoint. He also told me that I would be ending my mission here, in Derby. I will be flying home from the Wichita airport and everything. Instead of having a little group to go with, I will most likely be going home alone. Weird. So that was crazy. 
Then last night we had a monster storm come in. A town about 17 miles south of us got hit with a tornado and where we were the sky was all green and tornado looking. It was awesome. It was probably the most entertaining storm ever. We actually had to cancel the last hour of church because the sirens started going off. Luckily the family that we were with is really into cool storms, so instead of shrinking in the basement we all went outside and watched the tempest. 
Also, I went on exchanges with Elder Johnson, one of the DL's in the zone. We had a good time together. He was a body builder before the mission and he is going to help me hit 180 before I come home so I can be ripped. He says it is all in the nutrition. 
Besides these things, our week was pretty good. We found 5 new people to teach which is going to help a lot. Sam got into a motorcycle accident last week, so he has been in a lot of pain. He is still doing well though. Tom is alright. We have an appointment with him this week, so we'll see what is going on with him.

An investigator in my 2nd area gave me those tan shoes. He said that they were too big or something. They are pretty nice looking.

1. If you really feel like sending me something, maybe those cookies that Dad likes to make with the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
2. To keep in contact later, we mostly give each other our names to look up on Facebook because we all gave up our phones when we left so we don't know what our numbers will be.
3. I have gotten some addresses from some of the members that I really liked, but  mostly  I will just have to look them up on Facebook when I get home.


Okay,have a great week. 
Love, Nick
Editor's Note: This is the ubiquitous picture that all Elders seems to send, trying to show they still have their cool. However, the thing that their mom might notice is that the room is terribly messy, beyond belief. one might be horrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment