Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving!



This Thanksgiving will be a Dominican one for me. A family from the Dominican Republic signed up to feed us. It should be fun, and tasty.
Sounds like everything is good on the homefront. That is pretty wild that Anna got called to Perth. Small world. 
Things here are going really well. We just had a Zone Conference last Friday. It was incredible. The theme was "Qualify for the Work" and we now have to memorize Doctrine and Covenants section 4 as a mission. Surprisingly enough, I still remember a good chunk of it from when Bro. Draper had us memorize it when we were Deacons. We were taught a lot about how the doctrine (the why) and the principles (the how) connect. It was just sweet, man. 
The work here is going really well. Mariana and Jossua are ready for Sunday. It's gonna be great. Roger Hill came to church yesterday and really liked it. He said that one of the talks was just for him. Then, we ate barbeque at his house last night. It was good. Too bad you don't eat meat. Princeton is doing pretty well. He didn't come to church yesterday and I'm not sure why. Hopefully everything is okay with him. We have a good amount of investigators with actual interest in learning, it is sweet. 
This past Friday night was the big ward Thanksgiving dinner. There were a lot of people and a lot of turkeys. Guess what? On Saturday, we found the most diverse street in Kansas City. On one street, we met some Africans, some Vietnamese people, a family from Assyria, and saw an authentic Italian restaurant. It was pretty interesting. KCMO is a pretty diverse place. It is kinda funny when you think about it because we are in the center of the continent, and there are lots of immigrants here. So yeah, life in Kansas City is good.

1. There is a lady in the ward who has a salon so I go there for free. It is very nice of her.
2. I wash my towels every week and my sheets every week. Relax, mom.
3. With Princeton's background, I feel like the Atonement and baptism are two things that really click with him. I mean, who doesn't want a second chance?

Oregon sent me an email about my transfer credits, I think I'll forward that to you. President Keyes already did the ecclesiastical thing. It took all of 2 minutes.


Man, driving to California. That's going to be a long drive. Have fun with that. Are you going to see anybody not family out there? Like Bruce? How is Bruce? 
That is a really interesting change to the Sunday School. I think it will pay dividends. I have been thinking, I don't have too much time left on my mission, and I need to focus all of my efforts on these next 9 months. I need to give my heart, might, mind, and strength to the Lord for a bit. It's the only time in my life I can focus like this. I'm so lucky.

Drive safe! Thanks for everything that you do. 
Love, Nick


No comments:

Post a Comment