Sunday, December 16, 2012

26 seconds from another tie with the Rams


Whaddup,

Stupid Freaking Niners. They need to win all of their games this month. Each one should have big playoff implications. Man, go Warriors. Those feisty little guys won't back down. I heard that their draft pick, Harrison Barnes is really good. 
Nothing too new with me. The coaches from Oregon and Utah have emailed me about playing lacrosse. So that's cool. 
 
So we were baptism-less on Saturday. The Hills have pushed back their date until the 19 of January. I think that it is a good idea, it will give them the time that they need. Luckily though, Roger got all of his weekends off of work. Princeton just got put on probation, so we have to go through a semi-lengthy process for him to get baptized now. We're looking at the first few weeks in February. I think that this will be good as well, he still has some things to work out. Princeton came to the Devotional last night, so that was cool. Wilfred is doing okay. He wasn't at our appointment though. He is hard to make appointments with sometimes. Overall, the work is going really well. 

We had a lot of work last week. It was nice. We are teaching a lot of investigators right now. It is sweet. We have been tracting a lot lately. I kinda like it. It can be pretty fun. Guess what, last week I had 2 dreams of the end of my mission. WHAT?! This can't be happening to me. Also, 2 people were like "when do you go home? You look like you've been out forever." Come on folks, I still got a minute. My companion is a good worker, so that's nice. So yeah, besides my constant inner battle of my mission age growing and growing, I'm doing well. Very excited for Christmas. 

The Devotional last night was boss-tyke. I really liked President Eyring's talk. Welp, enough of me blabbing. PSYCHE! We saw a total Law & Order scene in real life this week. We were trying to contact a referral, and while driving there, we saw like 4 or 5 cops with big guns and bulletproof vests about to kick a door down. I really wanted to stop and watch. We didn't. Safety! All that was missing was the iconic DUN DUN!

1. I think that statement about loving everyone is totally true. As missionaries we just have to take everyone as they are. You Gentiles can kinda pick and choose who you hang with, but we have to be with those who are ready for the Gospel. Therefore, we have to love everyone.
2. I mean I guess that family history is good retention aid. In reality, I've heard that the rate of activity is like 85% for new members who have taken an ancestor's name to the temple.
3.  The last lesson we taught was a lesson about the Restoration of the Gospel. It went well.

Alright fam, Love you like cray.
Love, Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment