Tuesday, March 26, 2013

All Caught Up


Hey there,
So guess what happened in the Wichita area yesterday? They cancelled church. Yep, everybody wanted to celebrate WSU's win so they cancelled church. Ha jk, but we did not have church yesterday because we got a snowstorm on Saturday night. We only got 4 inches. People here are wimps. ha. Zone Conference was pretty sweet on Tuesday. I got to conduct it all. I felt like Dieter F. Uchtdorf. I really wanted to do it in a German accent, but I think President Keyes would've killed me, ha. We learned a lot about remembering our purpose and continuing in the work even if the mission is splitting. We found out what the new missions will look like. The KWM is going to be massive. We also got word of a new church policy concerning emails. We are now able to email whomever. I think the church is in the process of phasing out snailmail. So email away.
The work is going really well. We have 5 people with a date for baptism. The Lord is blessing us a lot. We have a baptism coming up this Saturday. We are really excited. I'm in Alma 21 for my Book of Mormon reading. It is sweet to be in this part of the Book because it is all about missionary work and cutting arms off. I hope that I am thoroughly kicking all of your backsides in the reading.

1. Re: Zone Conference-See the email above
2. It is pretty nice to live with members. We live with an older couple who are really sweet. The lady is the Relief Society Pres for the ward and the guy is the High Priest Group Leader of the ward, so we can have mini ward correlations whenever we want.
3. Funny you should ask. So I was thinking about zombies the other day and how in situations of Zombie Apocalypse rarely, if ever, do you see someone who holds on to religion. It seems like most people give up on God and lose their faith. Granted, I bet it is hard to understand divine promptings while being chased by a plethora of brain-eaters.

Okay my family, have a great week. Love you lots.
Love, Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment