Saturday, March 2, 2013

Snowbound


I want an update on where everybody is at in their Book of Mormon challenge. I am in Mosiah 9 and thoroughly kicking all of your backsides. 


Hey,
I'm alive!! Sorry for not emailing last week. It got pretty crazy. It was President's Day on Monday, then on Tuesday we had interviews and then Wednesday and Thursday we got stuck in our apartment from the snow. By the time Friday hit, we just figured that we'd wait until Monday. We are actually emailing early today because we have to beat the blizzard that is coming. In the afternoon we will sequester ourselves to the apartment for most likely the rest of the day and maybe tomorrow. Wednesday and Thursday were the longest days of my mission. I'm at the point of my mission where I feel like I'm reaching my potential and going full throttle and to be cooped up for a few days was killer. We got about 12-14 inches in Wichita which never happens. They cancelled a ton of school for it. Today we are supposed to get another 8-14. President Keyes sent out a message last night welcoming us to the Alaska Anchorage mission.
Speaking of missions, KANSAS WICHITA MISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!! How cool is that? I am really excited about the new mission. It is great news. I think it to be quite the compliment that a prophet of God deems our area active and successful enough to have its own mission.  It means that we are working hard and seeing lots of success. We don't know where the boundary changes will be, but my zone (Derby) and the Wichita zone will definitely be in it. At first, I was sad. I was all whiny about ending my mission without Pres. Keyes. He is an amazing person. Then, I was praying and received a lot of comfort and motivation. I have been called out to Wichita for a reason. Whether I am here in July or not, I have the duty to prepare the area for its own mission. It is awesome. I am so excited. The mission president here will be Pres. Bell. We don't know who that is, but we have somebody lined up.
 Man, 58 missions opened up. Our branch president said that two of the zones in his mission in Mexico City are now their own missions! The work is moving faster than we can imagine. That is what is going on in my world.
It's good to hear that football season is up and rolling again. Hey, will you send me the scores of the Johns Hopkins lacrosse games every week in the email. I miss those rascals. I'm sorry to hear about Dad's job. It seems like whenever you get your feet under you, something happens. 
Thanks, Dad,  for your advice. Remember, I am a missionary, I pray about everything. I am making decisions solely on prayer. If I had any doubts, I'd continue to pray. I know that what I'm doing is right because that is what Heavenly Father told me to do. 
Also, we did a church tour this past week and set some people with a baptismal date. 
I'm working on teaching with power from the Holy Ghost. I am trying to do this by testifying as I teach. It is working out well so far. 
1. About the storm : see email.
2. About the mission splitting:  again, see email.
3. About your RS lesson: If you haven't already, read "See Them As They May Become" by President Eyring. Perfect for that subject.

Alright, have a great week. I love you. I'm safe and alive, dry, and sometimes warm. 

Love, Nick




No comments:

Post a Comment