Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Thanskgiving!

OK business time.
1. Because our mission has the most missionaries in the WORLD, the mission office simply can't handle packages for 250 people, so YOU CAN SEND THEM STRAIGHT TO MY HOUSE!!!!!!! But still use USPS because if we're not home, then we can pick them up, instead of the other delivery places just dropping them at the door, waiting to be stolen.
2. Can you or Devon do some investigating and get me a way to contact Harold? And can you send me Spencer's email?
3. Did we ever get our family pictures? What do they look like?

OK. Here we go.
It kinda feels like Thanksgiving a little. We are going to the bishop's house to eat which means we get white people food,so that is pretty good.
That is great that Lone Peak won state. I'm glad my alma mater is kicking butt. Where are they ranked nationally?
That story from Jillyn is wild. But great. It sounds like she had a great time. It's funny that she has an accent.
The weather here is starting to get cold. And because we don't have the car this week, it will probably rain or snow. Who knows?
We didn't have the chance to see Magdalina this week. But we saw Ruben and invited him to be baptized. He wants to, but he wants to be perfect before the baptism, which well, is why we get baptized, to be clean. Julian came to church yesterday, and had a really good experience in teacher's quorum he said. So hopefully some progress can start with him. We also saw Juan this week, twice actually. We taught him about faith during our second lesson. It went really well. He wants to get baptized, but he has to be approved by the bishop I think, because he lives with someone who he is not married to, but she is a member too.
We had 32 lessons this week, so we were busy. I think I will send my planner to you after this transfer so you can see what I do. Oh, I turn 3 months on Thursday. That is crazy. In all honesty, the MTC crept along as far as time, but this past month has gone by so fast. The days have felt like mere hours, and weeks feel like very quick days.
The weirdest thing that I ate this week was.....pig skin. Not a football. Actual skin from a pig. It was simply disgusting.
Mom: As far as your little Spanish class goes, yeah preterit and imperfect don't even bother me anymore. They just come. I can actually feel myself getting better at Spanish everyday. It is freakin sweet.
Dad: I was really hoping Cal would win this year, but I guess not. They can beat ASU this week. And for the Niners, how great are they? Did Gore play? And the NBA not playing means one less year of the Warriors stinking up the history books.

To answer the 3 questions of the week:
1. We have a washer and dryer in our house which is SO nice. I can do my laundry at any time, which I have taken advantage of.
2. My companion does not cut my hair, nor will he ever. Period.
3. I told dad what I want for Christmas, so seek his council.

I am happy in the field. I really enjoy my time here. We have hard times, but they are worth it.

I can't picture myself anywhere else, and I am happy to serve as Elder Nicholas Jeffrey LaMay.

Love, Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment