Thursday, May 31, 2012

Receiving the Call Anniversary

Your letter didn't come in last week, hence the lack of response.
Yeah, it is wild to think that a year ago, we were watching lax and chillin in the capital. And I am uber jealous of Ben's Chili Bowl dogs y'all are chowing down next week. They were sooooooo goood. I counted the other day, less than 90 until I hit my year mark. That is wild. Time has flown by, maybe not for you, but for me it definitely has.
Guess what. I got a new comp. His name is Elder Burden, from Las Vegas. He actually came into the field the same time that I did, so we already knew each other. He is great. He is an English speaking missionary, so we are a "zebra" companionship.
The work is going really well here. We have seen some cool blessings from the temple. Last week, we got this referral to visit some dude, and we went over there and he asked us for a Book of Mormon, and said that he is gonna read it while he's out of town. He was really excited that we came. Hopefully things go well with him.
Other than that, everything is good here. Evelyn is getting baptized in a few weeks, and we are finally seeing some progress from some other investigators. We should be getting some dunks next month, and lots of member referrals. Those are the best. So yeah, I am incredibly content at the moment. 
That is too bad that Brady had to come home early. I wrote him a letter- hopefully he's gotten it by now.
 Yeah, it has been crazy hot. Like worse than DC last year. Almost everybody gives us water when we come by, so I am staying fairly hydrated, it's just the humidity sucks the life out of you. But I am doing good. So yeah, things are flying high here.

1. Yes mother, I am writing in the journal. I mostly just write what happened during the day, but I am writing in it on the daily.

2. Yes, I think I will name all of my children Juan, Juanita, Juanito, and Juan De Dios.

3. There aren't any gangs here that I know of. It is a safe area. Not as hood as Kaw-Riv.

I don't really have any questions to make you answer. Just love. ha.
I got a peek at the game yesterday in a store. Ah man, I miss lacrosse. Cam Newton is good. Alex Smith played very well. The Panthers stink. Niners are cool. End of story.
Anyways have a good week. Love ya.
Love, Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment