Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Homer Simpson Goes on a Mission (9/17/12)


Yay Niners!!! That is sweet. They are going to the Superbowl for sure. Man, that is a lot of stakes. Mmmmm steakkkkk...
The work is going well here. We have a lot to do and are staying super busy. I am really happy about that. This past week we taught like crazy. Still the Sunday afternoon during the Chiefs game was slow. I guess I just don't get it. It's just the Chiefs. They can always wait. The Niners, on the other hand, are a top priority. Whatever.
It's good to hear that you are enjoying your job. Are you still exercising a lot? As for voting this year, I don't think that I should because I would just be voting for a face and not for what they want to do. I don't know what's going on, and don't think that the vote would be in good order. unless you just want to vote for me, feel free.
Anyways, the work is sweet here We were working our tails off this past week to reach some goals that we set for ourselves and that made the week go by super fast. We have a big lesson with our investigators tomorrow. I hope that it goes well and hopefully set them with a baptismal date.
Billy asked me to give him the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday. It was a cool experience. He is doing really well. He got a job selling security systems and says that he knows how we feel sometimes because he goes door-to-door.
Mariana is still doing great. She should have a set date for October at some point.
Oh, also, we got word that this really cool thing is happening here in the Missouri Independence Mission. Gladys Knight and her choir, Saints Unified Voices, are coming to do a special "musical presentation" (we can't call it a concert for some reason). I guess she sings and bears her testimony and cool things like that. It should be sweet. She goes around to the missions and does this thing. Other than that, I am doing really well. There is a lot of work to do in this area and we are keeping super busy. Transfers are coming up next week and my comp has been here awhile so he may get shipped off somewhere. He says that he wants to only stay in the Independence area, so we always joke with him that he is getting exiled to Wichita.
Some business stuff: for the schools list (thanks for the package btw), it was UC Santa Barbara not Davis, Colorado State not CU, and what is the honors college at the U?  When you have time, can you get me the info for the Oregon app? And also, potentially look for some scholarships, if you have time.

Glad to hear that things at home are going swimmingly. How are the morning workouts with Edie going? Are you the star pupil? Does Todd still eat wings a lot? Mason said that he is working there now. How is that going?

1. Every once in a while we go to somewhere to eat. It usually just depends on how much money we have. We have been finding some good taco places here and a very good Vietnamese place as well.

2. For district meetings, I teach on whatever the district needs or is lacking at that point. A few weeks ago we were having trouble getting people to church, so I taught about Revelation Through Church Attendance. Things like that.

3. For prospective missionaries, I would tell them to become very familiar with Preach My Gospel and to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon. Those two things are key.

Okay, mi familia, have a great week.
Love, Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment