Sunday, September 9, 2012

What's New


Yep. My new job just means that I hold the missionaries accountable for what they do during the week and give little lessons once a week. I guess President Keyes thinks that I am able to do so.  I really hope he's right. The district that I'm over is pretty interesting; it is my comp and I, and 4 sets of sisters. That is just because the Visitors' Center is in my zone/stake, so there are a ton of sisters here.
Today is your first day of your new job so that is good. I had a dream the other night that Duke's lax coach was recruiting me and that I had to be in NC the next day for a visit to the campus but we couldn't find a car that worked to drive there (why we would drive to NC, I don't know), and then when we found a flight in was in a half hour, and I didn't have enough socks for the trip so I was searching like crazy for some socks. Then I woke up. Weird huh?
All is going well here. We had a pretty good week last week. Billy is getting baptized on Saturday and things are going smoothly. The ward here is really good at coming out with us and helping us teach. That has been a big blessing. It is nice to have members with us because they have different experiences than us with certain topics and also to build friendships among the investigators. Right now we have  just a few solid investigators other than Billy. One is Mariana. Her mom is a member, and we are just waiting for her grandma to come for us to baptize her. The other is Todd, he is a tough cookie. He has a ton of really deep, kind of unanswerable questions. We are working hard with him to just get a basic testimony of the church.
 Let's see, I think that is about it. I am doing well. It rained a ton this weekend because of Isaac, and now the humidity is here. It isn't too bad if you don't move a muscle. Well, that's all I got.

1.DL jobs: see above.

2. It just depends. There are a lot of unemployed people in this city. We are lucky to have people to teach during the day, in my last area it seemed like everyone worked during the day so it was really hard to be productive during the afternoon.

3. When we don't have anything set during the day, we usually try tracting, finding past investigators, contacting referrals, and visiting less active members.


Have a great week, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!  to Dad and Chels.
Love you, Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment