Thursday, October 18, 2012

Gladys Knight and the Mishes


Stupid Niners.

Great Giants.

It's good to hear that all is going well at home. There is a member here who is from St. Louis and is a HUGE Cardinals fan. Needless to say, she told me that our teams were playing for the NL. Cool. Go Giants.
Dad, Mom says that you're trying to figure out the new Sunday School stuff. What's different in it now?
Mom, Mom, Mom, I don't think I'm going to be one of those guys who comes home vowing to never watch sports again.  It would go against the very nature of my being if I decided that sports were a waste of time. If I thought that sports were a waste of time, I might as well think that breathing is a waste of time too.
Things here are going really great. We have been finding people who are truly prepared to hear the Gospel. We have been focusing on teaching boldly about the Book of Mormon right off the bat. It has paid off immensely. If someone is willing to accept a Book of Mormon, they are willing to listen to us. It has been awesome.We have a lot of really solid investigators. I think that we should see some good baptisms coming up soon.
My comp is doing pretty well. He is still kinda unsure of himself, but he is working hard.
We had the Gladys Knight devotional on Saturday. That was incredible. I wish you could have seen it. They sang some soul-pumping gospel music. Man, that lady has got some serious pipes. Her choir is really good as well. She and her husband both bore their testimonies at the end. Cra'y cra'y on mommas (that's the new "it" phrase apparently). Then, to top that sweet thang off, we have received a bunch of referrals from the devotional already. Hopefully these referrals turn into solid investigators. President Keyes wants this devotional to have the same effect on the mission as the Temple Open House. He wants us to act quickly and use the spirit that the people felt to help them learn more about the church. I think it will work pretty well. We have been able to get some new people to church, which is always great. It is really hard to get people to church. I'm glad that we have been blessed in that category.
1. re:  Saying your dad died  when you mean your trainer finished his mission. The "dad" and "son" lingo is still used by some missionaries. I personally think it is stupid. It should be something more professional like "sensei" and "padowan" or whatever.
2. I'm not entirely sure what I will teach this week yet. Probably about Revelation through Church Attendance, because that's what the district can work on- getting investigators to Sacrament Meeting.

3. The St. Louis fans don't even hail in comparison to Giants fans. If I became a Cardinals fan, I wouldn't even bother getting on that plane next summer. I wouldn't be able to look Dad in the eye.

As far as business/sports marketing, it feels right. The doctor thing just wasn't clicking.

Okey doky family, have a great week. Love you.
Love, Nick
 

No comments:

Post a Comment