Wednesday, October 10, 2012

New Comp Time 10/1/12


Yo Yo Ma (get it?),
 
NNNNNIIIIIIIINNNNNEEEEERRRSSSSSSS.

Sweet, I'm glad that they got their feet back under them. Too bad for Cal.
 
Thing here are going well. I have a brand new companion. My comp is Elder Javeloza. He is serving from Oceanside, CA but was born in the Philippines. He is very "deer in the headlights" still. He is a good guy, and I think a little freaked out, especially because he is in the ghetto. He is a good kid though.  He wants to work and learn. He was baptized a year and a half ago with the rest of his family. Training is going well. We have some extra study time which we have been using to help Elder Javeloza practice feeling more comfortable with teaching and just with understanding the gospel in general. He is a very quiet guy so we are working on getting him more used to talking with lots of people. Training is fun.
 
Elder Hanson went to Sedalia to serve with Elder Palilla of all people. Small world.
 
The work is going well. We set Sierra with a baptismal date. SWEET. I'm excited for that family. Other than that, we are working like crazy. I am having a good time out here. This past week, the work went really well. We taught a TON and spend some quality time looking for more new people to teach. . I am excited for  one family. My whole mission I have wanted to bring a whole family into the gospel and I think that I have found my match. Everything else is going well.
 
Mis repsuestas a Las Preguntas:

1. We can only go to the temple twice a year, so we have slim pickings, but Elder Hanson and I went to be with Billy when he did baptisms for the first time. It was pretty sweet.

2. So far this year I have read the New Testament, everything in the Triple, and Jesus the Christ. Right now, I'm working on going through the Book of Mormon again.

3. I haven't weighed myself in a while, but I have probably gained 5-10 pounds. Most of it is bulky muscles, so that's cool.

 
Sorry I am lacking words. Not much is going on in my brain right now. The library is freakin' packed, so I'm on a crunch for time. But just know that I am fine, breathing, and full of joy.


Okay fam, have a great week. I love you.
Love, Nick


BUSINESS ITEM for Mom: I need to know what the application questions are for the University of Oregon. When you get this, can you get them and email to me right away so I can read them next week? Thanks.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment