Sunday, August 5, 2012

USA! USA!

Hey Hey Hey (Fat Albert Status),
Man, I like the Olympics. I'll have to catch up later though. Kinda behind the times here.
Things are going swimmingly here. Blake's baptism was sweet. I got to baptize and confirm him. It was pretty cool. Blake is a good guy. He's gonna be a really good member. It was a good experience for all. 
Our other investigators are doing pretty well. We have some solid people to teach right now, and the ward is in full missionary mode right now. Yesterday in church, a member of the bishopric threw down on everyone and told them to be better member missionaries. I was like "YEAH!" Julio Cesar has been avoiding us recently, and it stinks. I am not sure what happened, or why he doesn't like us anymore, but I hope we can get in with him again soon. He was doing really well, then, nada. We were able to find some good new people to teach, which is always exciting.
That is good that you had a prayer answered. As a missionary, you have to put a lot of faith in the Lord. Just about everything that I do has to be faith-driven. In the words of that 80's singer, "You gotta have faith".
It has been decently humid lately, and as crazy as I sound, I love it. One day I woke up as my little heart decided that it likes the humidity. So that has been cool I guess. Also, my eyes have been really sensitive to light recently. Like if I'm outside for a while, at night my eyes feel super strained. I think I'll live though.
Sounds like everything is going well at home. I got like a ton of emails today. That was pretty sweet. Tell my fans thank you for me.
Mom, you're right about incorporating Shark Week into the Olympics. Maybe for the swimming or diving parts of the Olympics, they can put great white sharks in the pools. For diving the sharks get points if they can catch the little divers in the air before they hit the water. The intensity level would be insane, as well as the ratings.

1. For my burfday, I don't really want anything. Maybe a tie or something. Maybe an orange one, or a green one.I have a lot of stuff to carry around anyways. I think I'll be good. Maybe if you wanted, you could write up your conversion story for me. I don't think that I ever really heard it growing up. As petty as this sounds, I mostly just want money for when I get home, like dad can put it in my savings account. There are a lot of mishies that go home broke. I don't wanna be one of them.

2. Man, my area is a freaking weird shape. I don't even know where to begin. It's kinda the shape of an upside-down Vermont, just to give you a mental picture. I'll have to work the schematics of it out and hopefully remember to get it to you next week.

3. Comp study is going alright. We usually just plan for the lessons that we have each day and then read something from Preach my Gospel. For my personal studies, I am going through PMG in Spanish.
Okay, family, as always, I love you.
 Love, Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment